Sunday, October 12, 2008

Update.

Time has flown by me once again! It's been almost two months since I updated my blog. I neglect things.
D: Sorry my little blog, to repay my not being here-ness I redid your layout to something more plain and like you. I hope you like it!

What have I been soo busy with that I couldn't remember to check my blog?
Well, life in general.
It's true that I only have three "real" or academic classes this year but in total I spend about 9 hours at school everyday. I believe it is wearing me down a bit, but nothing more than I can handle. Chris, weirdo, says I work too much. I don't believe I am though. Personally I don't have a job or any strenuous work that takes over my time. It's more like I have a lot of little things that just end up, well, adding up by the end of the day!

I've been seeing more of Anjy and Heather lately, which to my moods have been very helpful and de-stressing. When anything goes wrong or gets over stressful for me I just vent and either get told that it will be okay or to shut up and just take it. Some of the greatest advice a Gemini like me could ever get would be to shut my mouth from time to time. Ha! Now, whether I take that advice or not is really the problem.
Anjy and myself have been planing out trip to Japan. It's going splendid! We have an accurate calculation of how much the trip will cost, how many jobs/hours we will have to work at a"x" amount of pay, and how many months till we leave. Our trips date is October 2011. It seems like a far away dream just hearing the date, but to think we really only have 29 months to come up with over 20,000 dollars, give or take a few months because of deadlines, it scary!
Before then the things I want to accomplish are: To learn how to ride a bike(Don't laugh I never learned. D: ), loose some weight so I can buy cute clothes while I'm there (Ha!), and to learn more about Japans history and culture.

I've been watching a lot of anime lately, trying to finish things up that I got from Otakon back in August. Sadly I'm still not making a dent! I still have A whole season of anime I haven't unwrapped and a complete series that I still have to borrow from Anjy! I'm never going to finish!
I'm also looking forward to a movie that will come out in the USA in January 2009. It's called Red Cliff. It's a Chinese movie that is based on an epic tale of the Battles of Red Cliffs that happened right at the end of the Han Dynasty and before the Three Kings period. I've been listening to a song from the movie that is from a Chinese artist named Alan. This girls voice is amazing and the orchestra that plays behind her are, well, I'm at a loss of words. She sings the original song in Chinese for the film but it is in Japanese too, if anyone would prefer to listen to it that way.

Now for a transition to school.
Ah, school. Somehow I was hoping that it would change, and it has a bit but nothing substantial. People are crowding everywhere as normal but there is now a surplus of emo, goth, and "confused" kids. It's sickening to see these kids! Now do NOT get me wrong, I love clothing styles and how ridiculous they can get sometimes. (I adore how people who are my size look like total fuck ups and wear things that look like they should fit a size three. I think that notion is HILARIOUS.) But for all these little kids to be running around sleeping with 15 different people and then getting depressed about it is just utterly annoying. There are so many fake people at Fleming now. I miss Reginald,who, no matter what, was original in his style. I miss Brandon, who could sing and not be conceded. I miss Anjy who didn't care what people thought about her clothing styles and she still looked like a goddess. I miss Fatima who was the epitome of prep style but was so relatable and never looked down on anyone!
I just think it's horrible to be those kids, the ones I see following trends that will screw their lives over and over and over again till there's nothing left.
Some days I want to yell at the top of my lungs:
"IT'S NOT COOL! YOU'RE FUCKING YOUR LIVES UP! STOP IT!"
I don't say anything though, I wonder if the world would be better off if I did speak my mind? All I know is that most of my friends wouldn't be associates with me anymore. They'd probably hate me. Yes, HATE.

An Orange Life, my blog has been so left bare that I thought I would write a lot here at once. Some people might think that I got the name of my blog from my favorite color, I didn't. Orange, to me, seems a very bright and open color. A color that won't be stopped by boundaries. I won't be constricted! So, anyone has a right to read anything I type and I have have the right to type it.

--Katie.

No comments: